This policy may be updated from time to time. The latest version will be published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: GDS Technology Ltd, Unit 6 Cobham Centre, Westmead Industrial Estate, Westlea, Swindon, SN5 7UJ.
Types of data we may collect
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
There are two distinct types of information that we may gather.
Personal Information – when making an enquiry on this website, or when downloading information from it, we may ask for some limited personal information. This may include: your name, email address, telephone number, company information, position, or other relevant information. This information will always be requested directly and will never be collected without your permission or knowledge.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary to fulfil your requests, or as required to by law.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personal Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any anonymous data gathered from this site with any Personal Information from any source.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from GDS Technology Ltd, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
Cookies and how we use them
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package such as Google Analytics. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
We will always hold your information securely.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the gds.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.