Home > News & Case Studies
GDS Installs Interactive Wayfinder Totems in Waltham Forest
20 May 2020
GDS Technology were commissioned to design, manufacture and install, five (5) fully outdoor Totem Digital Screens with PCAP touchscreens.
These are designed to provide new visitors to the area, information regarding the local area and its' services. The five (5) digital screens with a large format interface were deployed at key hubs to promote activities within the local area.
The mapping is provided by Living Map (www.livingmap.com). The map is highly responsive and integrated with data feeds for the up-to-date information, including real-time departures from the area transport hubs. Users can scan a QR Code on the digital screens to take the map with them on their mobile devices.
Key hardware specifications:
- 55" Full HD LCD TFT, high brightness (2500 cd/m²) with a wide 178º viewing angle and high contrast ratio (5000:1)
- PCAP touchscreen, multi-touch
- Laminated safety glass (4mm +0.76+3mm). IK08 impact protection
- Intelligent diagnostic controller board (SNMP support capable of reading fan speed and status, internal and external temperature, DC/AC voltages, backlight voltage/control, external and internal facing light sensor, humidity and vibration)
- PC - Intel ® i5-6300U CPU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD
- Thermal management, capable of oprating tempreatures -20ºC to +45ºC
- Industrial 4G router with dual low profile antennas
- Protected to IP65
- Rated to 50,000 hours MTBF
- Certifications: EN55011, EN55022, EN55024, EN60950-1/-22, EN61000-3 (2,3)/-4 (FROM 2 TO 11) /-6 (2,4), IEC60068-2 (1,2,9,14), RoHS, CE, EN45545-2, EN13501-1
- Custom "top-hat" with location vinyl graphics
For more information, or to discuss your digital technology needs, please contact us.
To subscribe to our newsletters and exclusive content (we will never spam you), click here.